Monday, October 19, 2009

distance= :( but time = :)

I believe Emme mentioned that she learned the "right" way to train for a marathon by building time rather than distance. Today I set out with the goal of running 10 minutes and I ended up running 11+ (I set a stopwatch but I accidentally pressed "stop" at 8:58 and I didn't notice for about a minute of a song) and then I ran until it said 10:29.

It was SO much easier to run like that! I didn't feel the need to walk for the whole time, and it is a lot easier to run to 3ish songs than to run to a certain place.

The stroller was easier also-I guess I just needed that one awkward try before I could run with it comfortably.

Today I am writing down everything I eat. I NEED to lose this weight And Emme and I are not going to make any more cookies/cake/etc.

I got her a popcorn popper for her birthday so now we can have tastey healthier snacks instead :)

I'm looking forward to 12.5 minutes tomorrow-based on today, I don't think it'll be too bad!


No comments:

Post a Comment