Monday, October 19, 2009

35 Minutes This Week

Today is Monday, and I took it off. Yesterday I ran for 35 minutes, and it was great! Running slowly is so much more enjoyable than running at tempo. So hopefully that means training for this half marathon will be really fun rather than turn into a chore. Tomorrow I'm going to hit the road again for 35 minutes, then at least another time this week. Next week, I'll move on to 40 minutes!

On Saturday, Will and I were celebrating our anniversary, so we headed to a state park an walked some trails. I love that we both enjoy that type of thing! We hiked about 3 miles total, with another 1/2 a mile or so of walking in between. It was a workout! I definitely got out of breath at times, and we had to sit down once! We talk about going hiking in the mountains, but we will have to get a loooot more in shape if these tiny slopes are killing us!

Claire and I are getting down to business for real this time with our eating habits. Writing them down should help us to stay on track, right? Let's hope so!

Love,
Emme

No comments:

Post a Comment