Saturday, October 24, 2009

Above and Beyond!

Today I ran up to the bike trail, and went for a while...and when I got back to the circle, I realized I had already gone my 17.5 minute goal but I felt ok, so I kept going! I ran 20 minutes today!

I realize that upping my time by 10 minutes in one week is a bit much, but lets be realistic-10 minutes is nothing.

I am going to run 20 on Monday and Tuesday so I don't go too crazy and end up hurting myself or burning myself out.

I love this new plan. I'm already starting to enjoy running, I like being out in the cold air, I like that I feel more in control of myself because there is something I can do that I never thought I would be able to do.

I am more excited than ever about our 5k in November! I would like to try to get up to 40 minutes of running before then, but I don't really think that is a smart thing to do-after all, the 5k is just 3 weeks from today!!

I think a better goal is 35 minutes. That is only adding 5 minutes each week for the next two weeks. If I have to walk for a bit, I have to walk, and that is ok. Running 20 minutes straight is already an accomplishment for me. Yay!

~Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment