Thursday, September 17, 2009

Marathon Guide

So while I am out of commission due to my stupid toe, I looked over a marathon guide that Emme had from a Fitness magazine.

It is a chart on how to train for a half-marathon in 8 weeks, starting as a beginner (meaning you currently run less than 15 miles a week or not at all). Since we are giving ourselves months instead of weeks, I am not too convinced with this guide. However, it might be a good benchmarking guide as we set goals for ourselves.

Instead of doing the week-to-week training, I think Emme and I should strive for meeting each goal every three weeks. Of course, Emme is already ahead of schedule, and we can't let it keep us from reaching higher. I am going to have to catch up as soon as I can walk comfortably again.

At the bottom of the page, there are running shorts, shoes, and shirts...I kinda want to get all of them, but I think for now I am going to work on getting running shoes and shorts.

Emme and I can go shoe shopping together :)

Let's hope I am back up and running (haha) soon!

~Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment