Monday, November 2, 2009

45 minutes? Maybe?

So, after 4 long, fattening days of not running due to weather, church, and halloween festivities, I put on my running shoes and iPod this morning to get out there for 45 minutes. And as I was on my way out, I realized my iPod had absolutely no charge! Arg. So I decided to ditch the iPod today and just run. It was interesting. I ran a little past where I ran on my last 40 minute run, so I think it probably turned out to be about 45 minutes, but I can't be sure since my ipod is my timer. I really need a watch!

So, my run was good. The weather was beautiful. The only thing was, on my way back there was this couple that was running at a pretty slow pace, but I was running pretty slow too. But I suppose they thought I was running fast enough to pass them, so they were on the left for like, ever, waiting for me to pass. Sooo i zoomed ahead of them and tried to make some distance between us before I slowed back down to my nice pace. And BOY did i feel that! Pretty much the rest of my run I was trying to catch my breath from that one speedy stretch. Sometimes trail running can get awkward. But all in all, after not moving for 4 days, it was not too shabby!

Tonight I'm making a yummy treat: berry dump cake! Not too healthy, but I figure the berries have to count for something right?? Right. :)

Love,
Emme

No comments:

Post a Comment